A WEEKEND IN PARIS | SATURDAY

              Images taken by myself | March 2015

I don't have a favourite movie, a favourite colour or a favourite song. Due to my incredibly indecisive personality I find it impossible to choose just one but travelling, travelling is with out a doubt my favourite thing to do and the weekend before last I found myself in Paris. 

I'm not at all fond of busy cities, as much as I would love to live in the hustle and bustle of London, I just can't cope well with lots and lots of people. However saying this although Paris is crazy busy I didn't mind, the people rushing past, a thousand tourists trying to capture that perfect picture, those insane roundabouts. Somehow in amongst all of this I felt peaceful and content, it didn't matter what was going on around me, I was happy looking up and taking in all the beautiful buildings and surroundings.

The first places we visited where the Arc de Triomphe and the Place de la Concorde, is was a really foggy morning and a very chilly one as well, so we didn't spend long at either place. To warm up we decided to take an hour cruise down the Seine, the cruise went past a lot of tourist points and gave an amazing view of the Notre Dame, and also of the Eiffel Tower.
The cruise dropped us not far from the Eiffel Tower, so we headed over to get close up views, after debating whether to go up the Eiffel Tower and deciding against it as the queue was incredibly long, we opted to just grab a bite to eat and sit in the park for a moment, big mistake as we where just bombarded by scammers, and men selling dodgy Effiel Tower key rings, it got to the point where we had to pretend we weren't English and couldn't understand the language.
The last place we visited on the Saturday was the Notre Dame and the lock bridge, not sure if that's the official name but its the famous bridge with all the padlocks.
The whole time I was walking around Notre Dame I was trying not to sing the songs from the Hunchback of Notre Dame, classic Disney movie.

2 comments:

  1. I envy you, that's such a fun trip! :)
    I didn't like busy city when it comes to travelling,
    but Paris is different, there is something that makes you enjoy the city,
    I love their architecture and the romantic feelings you get from Paris.

    xx
    Amira
    www.amirahayupratiwi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. this makes me really really want to visit Paris!! <3 looks like it was an awesome visit!

    xx
    smudged-fingerprints.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.