The Benefit Bloggers Event


So yesterday I was lucky enough to be invited along to a Benefit contouring masterclass by the lovely Tayla, along with a few fellow bloggers Hannah, Dayna and Lauren and I must say they are a very lovely bunch.

Tayla and Kathleen the benefit babes taught us the ways of contouring which I must say I was in desperate need off, my idea of contouring was sweeping some bronzer underneath my cheekbone on my temples and sometimes on the sides of my nose and from what I learnt yesterday, I was definitely taking the quick way out but certainly not the most effective.

Before we started with the contouring we prepped our face, to begin serum. No word of a lie, first time even using a serum, who knew they where so important. Tayla informed us that the serum pulls the moisturiser into the skin, whereas without it the moisturiser just sits on top of the skin, after applying both the 'instant comeback serum' and the 'triple performing' moisturiser, then came the 'its potent! eye cream' to brighten and fade those pesky dark circles. 
Then we got to test out a new product which is launching this Saturday 'the POREfessional: license to blot' which is a oil-blotting stick that can be used underneath or over make-up, I used this on my forehead as this is where I tend to get oily skin, perfect product to mattify the skin in those problem areas. 
The last product we applied before moving onto foundation was the 'POREfessional face primer' another product I'm guilty of not using, however after today I think I might have been convinced, the porefessional face primer is the silkiest, smoothest product I have ever had the pleasure of applying to my face, it helps minimise pores and fine lines and creates the most amazing smooth base.
Now its time for foundation, we used the 'hello flawless' foundation. It is a light coverage but can be built on to create a medium coverage, I really loved this foundation and am considering adding it to my collection and maybe even incorporating it into my everyday make-up regime, yes I was that impressed. To set the foundation I used the 'hello flawless powder' a really nice silky powder, can be used over foundation or on its own for a more natural look.

Phew! That's a whole lot of products mentioned and we haven't even got to the contouring. Well congratulations if you are still reading, we have finally reached the nitty gritty.
You don't necessarily need to purchase a contouring kit to create the look, We used the darkest shade of 'boi-ing' to create lines where we wanted to create a shadow effect and a lighter shade of 'boi-ing' mixed with 'girl meets pearl' to highlight using a sponge to blend, once all was blended which took quite sometime, but completely worth the effort, my face has never looked so defined. Anyway once all blended in and to finish off we used one of my favourite bronzers 'hoola' and one of my new favourites and definitely now on my wishlist 'rockateur' (such a gorgeous blush!)

And where done, I had such a lovely time, was really nice to get to try out all the different products, definitely have my eye on a few products now and most of all it was so lovely to meet some other bloggers and attend my first ever blogger event. 
If you are ever in Exeter and you find yourself in House of Fraser, swing by the Benefit counter and say hello to Tayla and Kathleen, they are really helpful and so lovely too.
Plus a big thank you to Benefit and Tayla for inviting me along to this event and for the lovely gift bag, I can now have a play around with some samples and probably add too my already way too long benefit wishlist.


Whats your favourite product or products from Benefit?

2 comments:

  1. I love Benefit makeup and the contouring class sounds so fun! I absolutely adore all the Box Powders and the Watt's Up Highlighter :)

    Alice / Alice Grace Beauty

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wish I could go to any bloggers even, but I live miles and miles away *cries*

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.